- Sage System Checker – this feature automatically checks the system requirements when you are installing Sage 50 on a new machine, and lets you know whether the machine meets the requirements. If it does, the installation will proceed as normal; if not you will see this box letting you know where the machine has failed. You can then cancel the installation and upgrade the machine to make sure it meets the requirements before restarting the process.
- Massive performance improvements – speed improvements have been made in every area, including big processes such as Check Data, Bank Reconciliation, Year End and Bank Activity. There have also been improvements to concurrency – users will no longer be locked out of Sage 50 on their own machines when another user is running a report or trying to open the same data.
- Lock Date – there is now the ability to restrict users from posting any transactions dated before a date of your choosing, meaning your management reports are much more reliable.
- Quick Search – this new search toolbar makes it much simpler to find any record within the majority of ledgers. Quick Search will search all text-based fields within the records and can search for any combination of text, numbers or alphanumeric queries. Up to a maximum of sixty characters can be searched.
- Chart of Accounts – the Chart of Accounts has been updated to show profit before AND after tax, and also now features a Preview Pane so you no longer have to run the full report to see any changes you have made to your layout.
- Support Home Page – this new page is invaluable if you ever find yourself on the phone to Sage Support (or your Sage partner). It lists everything the technician may ask you about your software on one layout, allowing your problem to be resolved much faster.
- Sage 50 Accounts Mobile – you can now access your Sage 50 Accounts data on your phone through a live secure gateway link, free of charge. You can limit what users see on their phone, so some could have full access whilst others may only be able to see an overview. The service is currently only available for Blackberrys and iPhones and is only compatible with Sage 50 Accounts 2012.
Place for Sage 50 Lovers
Sage 50 is the most popular Accounting Software Package in UK. It is also popular in many other countries in Asia and Africa (India, Dubai, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, Zambia, Botswana, Malawi, Nigeria) in addition to becoming most used Accounting system Great Britain and Ireland.
Accountants who have used sage 50 love it and they just cant live without it when they join other organisations.
There are many reasons behind so much affection for sage 50. (Formerly sterling and then sage line 50) These are the main factors:
Easy to use, Easy to learn
easy to install and setup
Great Audit trail to track transactions in seconds
Great report designer
Disaster recovery friendly database structure
Addon - compatible
Upto 10 users can be added
But if you are looking for a hassle free online Cloud Accounting application which support UK statutory requirements then the choice is Kashflow.
What is new and improved in sage 50 2012 (With Screen Shots)
Posted on August 5, 2011 by Sarah CrippsSage 50 Accounts 2012 was released on 1st August and will be shipping soon, so this week we are highlighting the new features that will benefit old and new users alike.